Every Divorce Must Be Approached Differently
There are different paths you can take to resolve your divorce. Whether you need to fight in court to protect your rights or are able to use divorce mediation or simple negotiation, it is a good idea to explore all of your options so that you can do what is best for your family. At SNL Law Group, APC, we are prepared to meet all your needs and expectations, giving you practical advice regarding everything from asset division to child custody and support
Every divorce must be approached differently. We realize that some clients are able to negotiate an amicable settlement while other divorcing spouses need to fight every step of the way to get a fair shake. Whatever approach is best for your family, we will adapt to your situation as we help you resolve the following issues as part of your California divorce:
- Child custody
- Child visitation arrangements
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Property division, including the house, retirement plans and any family-owned businesses or other assets
The Costs and Benefits of Courtroom Battles Versus Negotiated Settlements
We understand that you have financial concerns during this time, which is why we conduct an ongoing cost-benefit analysis throughout your divorce process. We make sure you know what costs to expect throughout the process, and we make sure you understand that working things out through negotiation may allow you to save money in the long run.
However, in some situations it is best to take your fight to court. Practicing in Southern California’s family courts for over a decade, we understand what it takes to be a good divorce trial attorney:
We understand the local system and the trends in family court decisions regarding divorce-related issues.
We understand the specific preferences of individual court clerks and judges. Does the judge want every detail laid out on the table or a concise summary of the issues? We know what you can expect, and we will prepare you for the courtroom experience.
Our clients have to be prepared, and so do we. The more honest you are with us before we get to court, the more we can do to prepare you for what lies ahead.
Alternative Divorce Options
Many people believe that when the time comes to move on from their marriage, going through exhaustive and high-conflict divorce proceedings is the only answer. From marriage mediation to legal separation, you do have other options. It is our job to help you find a plan tailored to fit the needs of your family, and we will help you do just that:
- Divorce mediation: If you believe that you and your spouse can work together to come up with a fair divorce settlement, but you need some guidance from a neutral party, you want to explore divorce mediation. Saving you time and money, divorce mediation will help you come up with an agreement that works for your family. We help you find the best settlement and offer legal counsel to parties interested in divorce mediation.
- Uncontested divorce: If you and your spouse can agree on every issue in your divorce — children, property division and financial support — then our office can help you write and file the forms necessary to complete an uncontested divorce. In some uncontested divorces, you may not even have to attend a court hearing.
- Legal Separation: In California, a legal separation dissolves each party’s marital obligations to one another. It works for couples who do not want to get divorced for religious reasons, or who want to retain health insurance benefits for one spouse. We can still help you work out community property, child custody and support plans as part of your legal separation. The main difference between legal separation and divorce is that the parties are not single and able to marry after a legal separation.
We understand that you will have many questions for our attorneys so we are here to give you honest answers. The Law Office of SNL Law Group, APC, is located in Ontario, CA and the Inland Empire and offers weekend and evening appointments when necessary, we are here to help. Contact us to schedule a legal consultation at 909-457-4270 or fill out our online contact form and schedule your free consultation today.